|In front of the shrine that looks like a palace|
|Entrance to the shrine|
|Advisory "The sick and aged are advised to use the ramp, not the high stairways"|
|Yes its long but there also a way provided for anyone who cannot go up to the stairs. You can go into the middle of the entrance where there is no stairs, suitable for any disabled persons or older ones.|
|Statue of Mother Mary facing the Simala Shrine|
|Cottages provided for devotees to relax and eat there.|
|Majestic design inside the Simala Church|
|You can choose what candle on parallel on what you pray for. Each candle is 35 pesos.|
|You can buy the candles here|
|Inside the shrine, you cannot bring your slippers or shoes|
|Statues all over inside the shrine. Most of them are statues of different forms of the Virgin Mary.|
|A passage to see the Miraculous Virgin Mary where people are queuing.|
|Testimonials from the people who have been cured or answered for their prayers.|
|Miraculous Virgin Mary|
How to get to Simala Shrine and travel tips:
- From Cebu City, you can either ride a bus from South Terminal or a V-hire (van) from City Link terminal. The bus would only take you at the crossing in Lindogon going to Simala which you would ride a tricycle all the way up to Simala Shrine. On the other hand, the V-hire would take you straight all the way to the shrine. You could also hire a taxi but that would be a little expensive.
- The travel will took 1 to 2 hours.
- You could bring water and food there but no eating inside the shrine.
- If you rent a taxi, it would cost you 1000 to 2000 pesos, depends on the negotiation, and that would be back and fort already.
- Again avoid Friday, Saturday and Sunday if you don't want too crowded